Type: Full time
- Conduct overhauling of various mechanical equipment as assigned
- Repair different mechanical items such as; Turbines, Engines, compressors, Winches, Windlass, and different valves in line with defined standard operating procedures.
- Conduct overhauling & calibration of all relevant equipment in line with the defined standard operating procedure. This equipment will include: Engine Fuel Pump & Injector, Safety & Relief Valves and PV Valves, Steel chock bedding, Valve seat grinding using Chris Marine, Re-tubing of heat exchangers, Plate type cooler overhaul, High-pressure washing of engine parts, Air hoist, hydraulic pump, jacks, etc. repair and Rigging items up to 30 tons.
- Calibrate machinery parts using various types of precision calibration equipment.
- Maintain a good working relationship with workers, appointed foreman, supervisors, and management.
- Perform duties of a Foreman as required/appointed for individual projects.
- Attend any training for any activity required by the department.
- Ensure materials are of the required standard prior to use, reporting damages when required.
- Work within an allocated timescale to meet department targets.
- Maintain good housekeeping in all work areas.
- Follow the day-to-day operations related to your own job to ensure continuity of work.
Qualifications / Experience & Skills
- Secondary school
- I.T.I., Industrial/vocational training
- 2 years of Apprenticeship Training
- 2 years minimum experience