The Emirates Group
At Emirates, we believe in connecting the world, to and through, our global hub in Dubai; and in constantly innovating to ensure our customers ‘Fly Better’. Our Product team makes this possible by creating technology products that are innovative, efficient and a game changer in the aviation world. Do you want to play a part in that journey and manage technical products used by stakeholders and customers across the world? Join us in cosmopolitan Dubai as a Product Manager and make your mark on the aviation world by taking our products to the next level.
Currently we are looking for a dynamic and experienced Technical Product Manager with strong experience in managing a suite of Finance products and solutions. You will understand Finance business processes and be experienced in engaging business stakeholders across the Finance domain. We are also looking for experience with Group Procurement and Supply products and solutions.
Our Technical Product Managers (TPM) are experienced leaders who help lead the vision and execution of our Technology Products across the Emirates Group. You will be expected to understand, assess, and decompose prioritised Initiatives into key Features, holding a medium to longer term view of the Product Roadmap. Working closely with your key stakeholders to ensure our planning closely aligns with Business goals and objectives. Our mind-set is driven from a focus upon maximising value for both users and customers. Furthermore, you will be leading a team of Technical Product Owners (TPO) to feed these features and indicative prioritisation to engineering team backlogs.
What You’ll Do
- Leading and Collaborating with TPO’s, peer group TPM’s, and other IT stakeholder groups, they contribute towards finalising future PI’s, utilising business value, together with assessment of available capacity and indicative level of effort arising from the team landscape resulting in effectively sequenced and prioritised backlogs
- Collaborate with architecture, engineering, and service management teams, to ensure the overall backlogs are balanced to ensure a scalable, user experience optimised, stable, and performant technology product, that continually meets business needs, ensuring NFR’s (Non Functional Requirements) and System enablers are considered and captured, and cascaded to team backlogs
- Define methodology for the analysis and response to target metrics and value post PI delivery, including recommended improvements, for use during `Inspect & Adapt? workshops, and with an overall goal of driving increased use and adoption
- Build peer group TPM community, identifying and acting upon opportunities for L&D, growth and advancement, whilst support TPO’s in the establishment of their community and identity, offering support and suggestions for their growth journey
- Maintain the quality and integrity of features within their technical and team boundaries, ensuring identification and contribution of risks and dependencies, ensuring appropriate team backlogs reflect any impact
- Working with TPO’s to identify and capture team driven innovation ideas, consolidating across their peer group for playback up to stakeholders.
- Working in partnership with applicable product `vendors’, ensuring timely feature/product upgrades, maximising the efficiency and effectiveness of the product.
- Minimise bespoke customisation, and influence business process changes to best utilise vendor supplied products.
Qualifications & Experience
What You Will Bring To The Team
Information Technology. Other : 8+ Years
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years’ experience in product in a ‘team facing’ capacity
- Experience managing Group Services products is highly desirable
- 3 to 5 years practical experience of working as a Product Manager, with proven record of driving discernible ideation, change and delivery
- Whilst not essential, experience of working within an Agile environment, across multiple initiatives and circa 50+ teams
- Possess strong communication skills and be able to enthusiastically convey your Product Vision to stakeholders and effectively influence a wide range of stakeholders across the organisation.
- Leads by example, and demonstrates appetite and ability to grow to a senior leadership position
- A positive attitude and an ability to drive discernible change and delivery, at pace, in a pressurised environment
- Be a part of our Product community, focusing on collaboration and identifying opportunities of improvement and growth
- Agile and innovative mind-set with the tenacity to adapt and thrive in a constantly changing environment.
How You’ll Work:
- Leading cross-functional teams – (Product Owner + Scrum Master + Developers + QA’s)
- We work within the Atlassian suite, maintaining our backlogs in JIRA and leveraging Confluence for knowledge management
- Customer centric mind-set, the customer is the focal point of delivering products, services, and experiences.
- Leveraging your domain knowledge and experience to solve complex business problems and support them in achieving their goals
- We’re full time back in office here in Dubai at Emirates
Salary & Benefits
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit www.emiratesgroupcareers.com.