Sunmarke is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the International Child Protection Certificate scheme.
The following items are included in the professional duties which a technician may be required to perform under the reasonable direction of the Principal.
· To provide technical support to teaching staff and classes
· To adopt a flexible style in order to tackle a range of routine duties in the TV/Radio Studios, Media Editing Suites & Auditorium
· To be responsible for the departments media equipment and loans to students.
· To support students with the use of media softwares such as Premiere Pro and Photoshop
· To support staff and students with the use and set up of audio and visual equipment
· To manage and maintain all audio-visual resources (sound, lighting, projection, control desks, digital equipment etc.)
To prepare and set up all audio-visual resources for performances and events
To ensure all resources are catalogued, compliant and stored safely when not in use
To arrange external maintenance of audio-visual resources where necessary, ensuring that repairs are carried out in a timely and cost effective manner.
To liaise with the Health & Safety Manager to ensure that all technical aspects of performances within the School comply with appropriate regulations
To supervise or personally run the audio-visual components of all School productions, academic classes, examination recordings and other performance events as requested
To develop and maintain links with professional bodies and complete ongoing training as appropriate
To offer teaching staff training support with technical equipment
To provide a high level of technical support to all staff, pupils and external users in the Schools performance venues, including assistance in productions, academic classes, lectures, exam performances and co-curricular
To oversee the production of high quality video recordings of selected School performances, including the support of pupils in filming and post-production editing
· Support lessons and work alongside teachers during designing and making activities to aid pupil progress.
· Prepare materials and/or resource packs for teachers and pupils design based projects.
· Carry out such other duties as reasonably fall within the purview of this post as designated by the Faculty Leader.
Skills we are looking for:
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Proficient in Editing softwares such as Premiere Pro and Photoshop
· Should also have a meticulous attention to detail, especially with regard to health and safety.
· Experience of working with children and/or TV/radio production would be an advantage
To apply for this job please visit fortes.co.