Description – Internal
Note: This is a 12 months temporary contract role.
The successful incumbent will implement PR activities in support of Emirates Group businesses, under the supervision of the Public Relations Manager, in order to gain positive publicity in the media worldwide. To manage media familiarization trips.
- Write original news releases and other media materials on the new developments and achievements of Emirates Group, and distribute the same to targeted media in order to attain good coverage in the media worldwide.
- Provide editorial support on all media and internal communications collaterals, including content research and translation as required, including feature stories, posters, and leaflets.
- Proactively engage, and seek to build good relationships with the media, in order to secure story opportunities for Emirates’ stories.
- Manage journalist visits to Dubai, or to Emirates’ destinations, working with Public Relations Managers to prepare their itineraries. Assist managers with hosting media fam groups – this includes briefing the journalists when they arrive, escorting such trips, and facilitating interviews and meetings with key executives as required.
- Respond to queries from the media, with carefully researched and approved information in order to maintain consistency of the information provided to different media, and that such disclosure is within the corporate policy.
- Organise and be present at interviews given by senior managers of Emirates Group to journalists and on occasion to direct photography in order to maintain interest in the operations of the Emirates group and to enhance media coverage.
- Maintain and frequently update the media contacts list, in order to ensure effective media outreach.
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications – Internal
– Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent): Diploma or University Degree in journalism / communications/public relations or related fields
– Has to have a minimum of 3 year print journalism experience and/or Public Relations experience in a large company or PR consulting firm.
– Knowledge/Training Excellent written and spoken English. Any additional language will be beneficial.
– The job holder should understand the media, how it works and what journalists require.
– Adept in using social media and other forms of digital content as part of the PR activity planning and execution.
– Working knowledge of standard Microsoft applications such as MS Word and MS Excel.
– Should have a pleasing personality as he/she will have to deal with the press, outside agencies and staff at all levels in Emirates.
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.Join our growing team and enjoy a competitive remuneration package, discounts on flights and hotel stays. Find out more about working with us in our website www.emirates.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit www.emiratesgroupcareers.com.