Design, develop and govern the solution architecture of the Group in alignment with corporate business and IT strategies, ensuring appropriate balance between functional, service quality, systems management requirements and business objectives. This necessitates engagement at the strategic enterprise level while also taking full responsibility for the solution architectures implemented by individual projects and programmes.
– Lead the definition and governance of new corporate and portfolio IT standards, guidelines and practices by analysing and understanding potential impact of competing technologies, assessing their strategic significance, defining their strategic role and scope, roadmap, relationship to existing standards, and periodically reviewing our entire IT estate in the context of those standards.
– Lead the development and documentation of architectural patterns and solution designs for use in solutions.
– Provide expert consultancy and coaching on architectural patterns and solution designs to project teams. Guide and mentor the teams through the entire solution development lifecycle.
– Scout market and track technology advancements and new business innovations, determine how they relate to our IT strategy, existing standards, platforms and patterns, and lead the work to amend existing assets or create new assets to reflect changes in the technology landscape. Showcase business value by executing Proof of Concepts by engaging relevant IT teams.
– Lead the solution architecture development for new initiatives, vendor solution acquisitions, and enhancement of existing systems, taking full responsibility for the quality of the architecture, including integration architecture by aligning to agile architecture development practices. Drive architecture decisions and be accountable for their implications in regard to solution costs, delivery schedules, application complexity, technical debt and overall solution performance.
– Provide expert advice to projects on technical and architectural standards, guiding them on the need to raise exception requests, develop new or amended standards, and on the appropriate use of architectural patterns.
– Lead solution design reviews and technical design reviews, ensuring that projects are following agreed corporate strategic direction and alignment to architectural standards and patterns.
– Provide architecture and technology leadership to development teams by playing the lead architect/driver role in Teams of Teams or Agile/ Release Trains. In addition, be accountable for the overall architecture, solution discoveries, and strategic incubations by coordinating with peer architects and engineering teams.
– Manage, direct, inspire and coach the work and capability of Solutions Architect and Senior Engineering resources as required, and engage in, and lead, a much wider virtual team of senior managers, technical and subject matter experts and business managers.
– Own, manage and maintain the architecture roadmap and runways of complex/large projects, technical products, environments and/or platforms. Act as a product owner and be accountable for proactively identifying, prioritizing, and overseeing the development of technical enablers, technical debts, quality improvements, and application modernization activities.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent IT related discipline.
Experience in Information Technology, Architecture Knowledge/skills:
– Experience in development of large scale, complex, distributed, mission critical applications in heterogeneous environments.
– Technical leadership in leading a group of technical architects and senior developers. Ability to influence delivery plans based on architecture and skills constraints.
– In-depth understanding of one or more technologies such as Java, ERP, Cloud, open source frameworks, low code platforms, Big data, BI, data warehouses, observability, automation, network and infrastructure, mobile & frontend technologies, AI/ML, container management platforms, database, integration, digital workplace, DevOps. IoT, Blockchain, web 3.0, contact centre, mainframe, service management platforms, messaging, cyber security etc.
– Understanding of agile software development methodologies such as SCRUM and Scaled Agile
– Understanding of industry standard software modelling techniques such as ArchiMate, C4 and UML
– Understanding of big picture view, non-functional requirements and design patterns.
– Understanding of architecture styles such as microservices, event driven architecture, cloud native applications.
– Understanding of well architected framework for cloud and on-premise deployments.
– Good understanding and experience in airline domain.
– Significant experience of major systems architecture is needed to ensure that a robust and scalable solution is developed.
– Ideally, certification in at least one of the areas – Cloud Architecture, IASA Leadership.
— Extensive experience with mobile app development, including native iOS and Android development, as well as cross-platform frameworks such as React Native or Flutter.
– Strong understanding of mobile architecture, including design patterns and best practices for building scalable, maintainable mobile apps, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), and security measures such as OAuth, SSL/TLS, and encryption.
– Knowledge of mobile app testing, performance monitoring, and optimization techniques, including memory management and battery optimization.
– Expertise in at least one native mobile development platforms, such as iOS (using Swift or Objective-C) or Android (using Java or Kotlin).
Leadership Role : NO
Salary & Benefits
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. Thats on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what its like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit www.emiratesgroupcareers.com.