Kitopi is the world’s leading tech-powered multi-brand restaurant. With a mission to satisfy the world’s appetite, Kitopi operates a portfolio of both invested and franchised F&B brands, serving as enablers in the food market by helping brands to grow and scale, both in the delivery and dine-in space.
Launched in Dubai, UAE in January 2018, Kitopi has grown to become one of the greatest success stories in the cloud kitchen and food tech space. In July 2021, Kitopi announced its $415 million Series C funding round, led by the world’s largest technology-focused investment fund, Softbank Group Corp’s Vision Fund 2. This investment catapulted Kitopi to the prestigious Unicorn status, making it the fastest Unicorn to have emerged from the MENA region.
As a leading food-tech business, Kitopi’s growth has been largely fueled by its innovative and scalable software solutions. Kitopi’s kitchens are powered by its proprietary Smart Kitchen Operating System (SKOS) – an in-house suite of applications that optimizes cloud kitchen operations in real-time. As part of its growth roadmap, technological innovation, data science, artificial intelligence, and robotics will take center stage as Kitopi continues to reinvent the food industry as we know it today.
With over 4,000 employees, Kitopi currently operates 200+ locations across the UAE, KSA, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Qatar, and runs its engineering hub in Krakow, Poland, its robotics hub in Denmark, and its global customer experience center in Dubai, UAE.
Together with the Product, Engineering, Data, AI, and Robotic departments, we are creating various applications starting from highly personalized selling apps (web & mobile), through the kitchen management system, customer service, delivery, control, and business applications which help us to make decisions and determine the further direction of product development and more. We currently have around 40 applications in microservice architecture and we will constantly be creating new ones.
- You’ll set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Employ your strength in storytelling to present your vision and design rationale in a compelling, convincing manner to the wider team.
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback.
- Create personas through user research and data.
- Evaluate, establish, and apply best practices, patterns, and guidelines.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs.
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g., usability, findability).
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends.
- Develop a core understanding of our user personas and their challenges and needs across all products.
- Understand and align design initiatives with broader strategic goals and objectives. Identify potential risks and challenges and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Forward-thinking mindset. Taking the initiative to act in advance to achieve desired outcomes or prevent potential problems Identify opportunities of improvement and actively seek to make a positive contribution without being prompted to do so. Less reactive and more proactive.
- Developing and executing design strategies that drive product development and innovation is a key aspect.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders to understand their concerns, prevent misunderstandings, and manage their expectations. Actively influence them to make sure the overall objectives of Kitopi are met. Become adaptable and responsive to priority changes.
What Are We Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field
- Strong portfolio of design projects.
- You have proven experience designing at consumer-focused tech companies or digital agencies – a minimum of 5 years.
- You know how to address the entire ecosystem, balancing both business-to-consumer and business-to-business considerations.
- You are passionate about design systems and well-versed in data-informed product design and development
- You have a people-focused design mentality.
- You enjoy solving problems for all kinds of users.
- You are constantly looking to hone your execution through user feedback.
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq)
Recruitment Process and Timeline
First, you apply and let our recruiters review your profile. After reviewing, you will receive a link to book a meeting with a recruiter at your convenience to share more about yourself and for us to get to know you better. If you have been shortlisted, you will have the opportunity to meet our hiring managers. Depending on the scope of the role and the function, you may need to attend 2-3 rounds (which might include case study, role-play, trial, or live coding – this will be communicated to you in the initial conversation). Upon successful completion, your recruiter will get in touch with you to discuss the offer. We aim to take you through this process within 2-3 weeks.
- Extensive learning opportunities – we offer many hard and soft skills training to help you improve and challenge yourself
- You’ll be involved in customized workshops run by Kitopi Academy
- You’ll have a chance to work in an international, diverse, and inclusive environment
- You’ll be part of one of the most caring communities out there.
- Finding a chance to become a shareowner with our ESOP plan (T&C Applies)
- Free and unlimited access to a nutritionist because we care about you
- No Dress Code!
- Extended maternity and parental leave
- The infamous team activities and social events are bursting with fun
- Inclusive Private Health Insurance
- Up to 50% discount from Kitopi brands
- 24 working days annual leave as per the company policy
So, what does it really mean to work at Kitopi?
We are constantly striving to make Kitopi the best place to work in the world, by empowering you to be the best version of yourself every day. Our company values act as our guiding principles to help ensure that everyone feels safe, included, and like they truly belong.
Kitopi is an equal-opportunity employer. While we currently operate in 6 countries, we are over 70 different nationalities of talented Kitopians. We celebrate our rich diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures and have a 0 tolerance policy towards racism, bigotry, and hate. Please apply if you see a position that makes your heart skip a beat and help us build a company that we’re all proud to work for.
Along with offices in all the markets we operate in, we also believe in a “work from anywhere” policy – you get to choose the environment you operate in because we believe this will help you deliver work you’re proud of.
Tech-enabled and customer-obsessed, at Kitopi, we are a team of passionate humans who are on a mission together to satisfy the world’s appetite.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.