- Job Description
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Junior Accountant & Inventory Coordinator to join our team and support the day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s or higher degree in Commerce/Accounting/Finance, along with 1-4 years of relevant work experience in accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger functions. If you have a strong understanding of IFRS, International Accounting Standards, UAE Corporate Tax and VAT laws, that will be considered a definite advantage.
- Assist in day-to-day accounting operations to ensure accuracy and efficiency in financial processes.
- Handle invoicing, cash application, and maintain accurate records of customer payments and outstanding balances.
- Support general ledger accounting functions as needed.
Vendor Payments and Compliance:
- Process vendor payments in a timely manner, coordinating with the procurement team and ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Manage accounting for fixed assets and depreciation, maintaining an up-to-date register of company assets.
- Ensure accurate reporting of expenses through expense booking, provision, and accruals.
- Handle accounting for leases, including lease accounting entries and reconciliation.
- Record cash and bank entries accurately.
- Perform bank reconciliations to ensure financial data integrity.
- Develop and execute the inventory management strategy to control costs, generate savings, rationalize inventory, and maximize working capital.
- Maintain, manage, and account for inventory of materials, including stock locations.
Stock Control and Accuracy:
- Conduct perpetual inventory stock counting and accuracy checks.
- Prepare reconciliation between book stock and physical stock on a monthly basis.
- Process and approve payment invoices, investigate discrepancies, and minimize overstocks.
Procurement and Supplier Management:
- Procure materials economically, ensuring quality and service consistency.
- Maintain records of shipments, track inventory using ERP software, and manage vendor relationships.
Reports and Analysis:
- Provide routine management reports regarding inventory performance, evaluating and monitoring usage and cost of materials.
- Conduct monthly checks on inventories and submit reconciled stock reports to management.
- Implement improvement systems and processes to reduce inventory setbacks, minimize costs, and maximize working capital.
- Coordinate safety inspections and testing of specialized equipment.
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks as required, providing support in various financial projects and analysis.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Commerce/Accounting/Finance (BCom/MCom/CA Foundation/ICWA Inter/MBA Finance).
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience in accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger functions (Preferably in the UAE).
- Familiarity with material requirements planning (MRP) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- Proficient in MS Excel for data analysis and financial modelling.
- Understanding of accounting principles, financial regulations, and UAE VAT laws.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
This role combines accounting responsibilities with inventory coordination, requiring the successful candidate to play a crucial role in maintaining financial accuracy and ensuring efficient inventory operations within the organization.
To apply for this job please visit careers.forteseducation.com.