dnata Travel Group
Data Analyst – dnata Travel – 230000VM
Closing date: 22 May 2023
The selected candidate will be responsible for driving the business with the use of data and relevant analytical techniques to identify gaps, design solutions & deliver opportunities where advanced analytics can reduce cost, increase service efficiency or drive revenue.
– Work closely with different business areas of the business to prioritise business information needs and data analysis requirements to measure and define key performance measures that drive actionable change.
– Identify new process improvement opportunities that are in line with business strategy and drive change management.
– Drive initiatives within the Business to ensure the quality of data available to aid timely and accurate analysis and interpretation of different strategic priorities for the business, such that the business is constantly on the upward trend.
– Work with Group IT, central Business Intelligence teams and relevant key stakeholders to ensure a foundation of insightful data that supports departmental and or internal/external customer requirements.
– Research best practices and keep abreast of tools, frameworks and mechanisms for data analytics to ensure the business is on the right path to using data strategically and smartly.
– Provide support and guidance to the Data Analysts within the operational teams. Work with them to ensure best approach is adopted, standardised reporting and learning needs are met.
– Manage regular reporting to lead department trading updates versus KPI?s and provide updates to key stakeholders on Airline commercial deal performance and optimisation of negotiated fares.
– Provide exploratory analysis using different techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining to discover patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies and predict future business outcomes and trends to support business improvement and decision.
– Assist with the in-depth analysis of historical data through predictive/projection modelling for co-relations during the business planning process to optimise opportunities for cost reduction or increase in revenues.
– Responsible to transform data into action-oriented information through predictive or prescriptive analytic capabilities to enable the business understand potentially complex challenges and support senior management to take proactive evidence based business decisions, to achieve required improvements.
– Work closely with project management team to execute data analytics related projects within assigned budget and timelines.
Qualifications & Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in any field, preferred areas: Operational Research, Statistics, Data Science or similar numerical with preferably a post-graduate qualification.
– Minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably 6-8 years of experience in a data supported organisation.
– Experience within the airline, airport or travel sectors in a data analysis role.
– English Level 6
– IT and Computer Literacy
– Advanced Excel
– Management Skills
– Safety Awareness
– Demonstrable logical, creative and analytical thinking skills.
– Knowledge in using databases such as SQL Server & Oracle, with the ability to create complex SQL and understanding of general database management concepts.
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on whats it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.
To apply for this job please visit www.emiratesgroupcareers.com.