Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Position: Assistant Outlet Manager, In Room Dining (Full time #536344)
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Assistant Outlet Manager for In Room Dining will support the In Room Dining Manager in all related operational, administrative and financial aspects of the outlet and assumes full responsibility in his/her absence.
- Support the In Room Dining Manager in all operational and administrative aspects of the restaurant.
- Prioritise the required level of engagement depending on the business volumes and other related parameters.
- Take charge of the outlet and the department in the Restaurant/ Outlet Manager’s absence.
- Enforce and monitor that all operational standards, as per our policies, SOP and quality measures are in place always.
- Support the In Room Dining Manager to supervise the side duty schedules for all positions and ensure compliance and follow through.
- Support the In Room Dining Manager to supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the outlet and as assigned carry out monthly or more frequent walk-throughs with the respective engineering and housekeeping colleagues and follow up accordingly on the produced reports to achieve an immaculate environment.
- Oversee the daily operation of the outlet and manage shifts effectively to assure a smooth and effective overall operation.
- Maintain a good relationship and steady communication with the Chef de Cuisine and his team, particularly during operation hours.
- Ensure that reservations are managed well within the outlet and seating capacities are effectively maximised.
- Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and food and beverage quality by reviewing various service quality audit reports, guest comment cards and guest incident reports, and share observations and recommendations with the outlet manager.
- Support the In Room Dining Manager to maintain a clear overview of all POS- point of sales related set ups and carry out regular check on accuracy of all items.
- Ensure accuracy of all menus: current, spelled correctly, clean and presentable and ascertain menu description are up to date and distributed appropriately.
- Follow all procedures, policies and practices about the Jardine accounting related requirements for F&B outlets.
- Oversee and maintain solid records of all Annual Leave and Public Holiday clearance and assure none are accumulated within the outlet.
- Support the In Room Dining Manager in monitoring the monthly P&L and carry out regular detailed analysis of outlet related financial information.
- Assist the In Room Dining Manager to plan and execute special promotional activities for the outlets and plan for festive season events related to the outlet.
- Observe the competition, current market and international trends, prices with the market and other new ideas and forward them to the Restaurant Manager.
- Attend and participate all required meetings as scheduled.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to all outlet colleagues at any time, particularly during the operation hours.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mandarinoriental.com.