Assistant Front Office Manager
Dubai Swissôtel Al Murooj DubaiLocation Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
One of the best-known Swiss brands in the world, Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers contemporary hotels infused with the freshness and vitality of alpine energy, rooted in the tradition of Swiss hospitality. Respected for its intelligent design, quality craftsmanship and mindful approach to sustainability, Swissôtel gives its guests peace of mind to explore the world, discover life’s true rewards and embrace opportunities to ‘live it well’. The Swissôtel brand was founded in 1980 and today numbers more than 30 hotels globally including flagship properties such as Swissôtel The Bosphorus in Istanbul, Swissôtel The Stamford in Singapore and Swissôtel Krasnye Holmy in Moscow. Swissôtel is part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel and lifestyle group which invites travellers to feel welcome at more than 4,500 hotels, resorts and residences, along with some 10,000 of the finest private homes around the globe.
Step into a world of ease, luxury and Swiss hospitality at Swissotel Al Murooj located in the city’s favoured destinations for business or leisure. Directly opposite The Dubai Mall, one of the largest malls in the world, the iconic Burj Khalifa and within a few minutes’ drive to Dubai International Financial Centre and World Trade Centre with its many exhibition halls. The unique urban-style feel and ambiance at Swissotel Al Murooj Dubai cleverly combines hotel and apartment style accommodation, arranged around a central leisure complex. Quality in service is demonstrated through the warmth, diligence and entrepreneurial mind-set of its team, ensuring individual guest needs are anticipated and exceeded, that every detail has been thought of and executed in advance.
Assistant Front Office Manager
- Provides support to the Front Office Manager in the day-to-day operations of Front Office, Executive Lounge and Concierge to ensure the achievement of established quality and service standards, and maximize the financial performance of the department.
- Supervise front office team, coordinates the activities of the front desk, reservations and guest services.
- Ensure consistent adherence of the team to the Hotel policies, procedures, and service standards in accordance to brand and service guidelines set by Accor.
- Monitor the Front Office team to make sure all guests receive prompt and personal recognition and resolve service issues, incidents or accidents as required.
- Responsible for checking daily shift audits, maintaining staffing needs, analysing market or industry trends and expanding unique brand experience through the delivery of consistent quality customer service.
- Require to make objective decisions and handle any complaints and emergencies in a level-headed manner.
- Daily liaison with the Reservations office to ensure accuracy in room allocation and maximising of yield.
- Establish performance and development goals for team members.
- Responsible for the leadership and achievement of performance targets of Front Office.
- Recommend and execute improvements in hotel policies and Front Office operations where there are opportunities for improving services, maximizing revenue and profitability where possible without comprising quality standards.
- Serve as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours
- Ensure that all Front Office areas have an atmosphere that is conducive to the overall guest experience.
- Be involved in reviews of repair and maintenance issues, and coordinate with Engineering and Housekeeping to ensure all guestrooms are in good condition.
- Involve in recruitment of new team members for Front Office.
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events.
- Responsible and accountable for the front office’s entire operations in the absence of the Front Office Manager.
- Manage department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Be fully familiar of the Emergency Procedures, Policies and Standard Operating Procedures as established by the Hotel.
- Assist in safety and emergency training for all employees.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role, within an international 5 * brand.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships through all levels of the organisation
- Positive orientation, developing an empowered team and leading the team.
- Excellent command in English (verbal and written); additional language is an advantage
- Your team and working environment:
- Dynamic working environment.
- Defined development career path.
- Friendly and supportive team
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted Accor rates worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our corporate social responsibility activities like Planet 2
To apply for this job please visit careers.accor.com.